Thursday, August 9, 2012

My running journey...

After my longest run to date - 8 miles :)
I've always enjoyed running, but have never been one to go out for more than 2 miles at a time and usually never run consistently throughout the year.  I'm definitely a fair weather runner :)  Somehow for the past 3 years I've mustered up the energy to run in the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving when we're back in Ohio visiting family.  It's a 5 mile race that always makes me want to puke/cry by the last mile!  All this being said - I've had the dream of running a half marathon for the past couple of years.  Crazy, right?   Last year I really started training, but never made it to race day.  I'm not the best at pushing myself - sometimes when I feel like walking, I just stop and start walking.  But this year I am determined!!  I've officially signed up for the VHRTC Women's Half Marathon.  I'm excited that it's a small, all women's race AND is on trail :)  And the best part is that I have an amazing friend joining me for the race! :)  So, now that Andrea and I realize we have 4 weeks until race day - we've been getting our butts in gear.  It's so great to have a running buddy waiting on you at 7:15 every Tuesday morning.  As tempting as it is to hit the snooze button, I know she'll be out there stretching and ready to go -- such good motivation!  It will be both of our first half marathon's and as nervous as I am, I know it'll be such a great experience. 

Any advice for my first half??


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for shout out and sweet words Angie! We're going to have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete