Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall is HERE! :)

Fall is my favorite time of year!!! (well, it's a toss up - I'll probably say the same thing in the spring!).  I love the chilly evenings and changing leaves!  I love cooking soup and drinking hot chocolate!  I love campfires and snuggling! I love sweet potatoes and all sorts of squash!  I love dressing up for Halloween and spending time with family over Thanksgiving!  I love putting on a long sleeve shirt to run and wearing slippers!  I love fall!

I've only just started to make some fun fall recipes.  Here's one (not really a recipe - just a fun thing to whip up for dessert) I made a few nights ago!  Thanks to Jess & Chris for sharing this fun treat!

Slice up a butternut squash into moons or chunks, drizzle with maple syrup and bake for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees.  YUM!  You can also get fancy and add a little cinnamon or nutmeg, too.

 I cut it long ways and scoop out all of the seeds (they're great for roasting too!).  Then slice into about 1/2 inch moons.

 Place on a cookie sheet or baking dish.  Drizzle with maple syrup and throw it in the oven!



 Yum!  I don't have any after pictures, because they didn't last long.  Seems to be a common theme with dessert around here... 

Another favorite thing about fall is an extra cuddly pup :)


I'm headed to the store tonight to stock up on pumpkin!! I'm going to try to make this spiced pumpkin cornbread recipe!  Any other fun pumpkin recipes I should try??

Happy Tuesday :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww! What a great way to end my day....

    And that Juno really tops it all :o)

    Here is the Pumpkin Steel Cut Oat recipe...it was sooo delicious! For the sweetener, you could also use maple syrup instead of sugar...

    Let me know if you try it! AND, by the way, I made only 1 cup of oats and it fed me 4 breakfasts...for what it's worth.
    Enjoy. Happy Fall. Love.

    http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-baked-pu-159872

    ReplyDelete